I am a serious list-maker.
I have a work to do list. I have a personal to do list that I keep on my phone. (I use Wunderlist.) Each weekend, when I assume I will have more time, energy and motivation than I have ever had on any weekend before in my life, I make my "weekend to do list" on paper.
Jack's not ready to make lists yet, but he does show hints of his mommy's, shall we say, propensity to organize. He lines his toys up, just so. He is adamant about his bedtime routine, with all of its idiosyncrasies. (I'll spare you the details on this, but just believe me.) He prefers to visit the pantry to pick out his *own* granola bar or bag of fruit snacks, thankyouverymuch.
If Jack had made a to do list for today, here's what it would have looked like.
1. Demand apple for breakfast.
2. Debate whether to eat apple at home or at school.
3. Eat some of apple at home. Insist on taking the rest to school.
4. Change mind. Continue eating apple at home.
5. Wear Superman shirt.
6. Meet firefighters.
7. Pose for picture in firetruck.
8. Get very shy when posing for picture.
9. Keep it real like only a 3 1/2 year old can.
Hope you have a productive day. And an apple.
Talk to you soon,