There is this thing that has been going around the blogosphere that is the rough equivalent of those email forwards where you ask 20 questions and then forward to a bunch of your friends.
As my sisters and many of my dear friends know, I was inordinately fond of those emails. Answered. Every.Single.One. So, it should come as no surprise that when Straight Talk Jess tagged me in one of these, that I jumped (leaped, hopped) on board to answer.
I believe this is how it works: You share 11 random things about yourself. Then, you answer the questions that have been lobbed your way. Then, you lob a few questions the way of some other hapless bloggers that are next in line.
1. I am completely and utterly addicted to lime seltzer. As in, I just researched buying a SodaStream. (I decided against it.)
2. I *may* or may not have Restless Leg Syndrome. In our house, we just call it Jimmy Leg.
3. I don't like pancakes.
4. I have lived in all of these places: Maryland, Maine, Ireland, Alexandria VA, San Francisco, Austin, and DC (in the District, stars and bars, yo).
5. I know all of the US Presidents in order and by number. Like, on command. This came in very handy when I was on It's Academic in high school. (Double whammy of a nerd post, this one.) It has also come in handy in various bar discussions in my life.
6. Deep down, I do believe that Guinness is good for you.
7. I sort of "collect" accents. I am surprisingly good at doing them.
8. I can't watch horror movies. I have become a serious chicken as an adult. Scary trailers even freak me out.
9. I know how to sew and embroider.
10. My brother, dad, and I all keep a running mental tally of the Ten Best Meals We've Ever Had. Some of the meals on my list were at Jeffrey's in Austin, Fore Street in Portland, Maine, and Uncle Larry's house.
|Oh, man. That's embarrassing.|
11. The first tape I ever bought was Take on Me by A-Ha. The second was Out of the Blue by Debbie Gibson.
Questions for Me to Answer:
- What do you order at Starbucks? A grande Americano with sugar free vanilla syrup.
- If you could go crazy at any store, which one and why? Boden. I would just go nuts and get my entire wardrobe from them.
- What do you do for me time (if you actually take any)? It's harder and harder to come by these days, but I run, sleep, and read in my "me" time.
- If you could go back to school (without worrying about working or tuition) would you? Absolutely. I'd get an LLM or a Masters in History. Or an MFA in Creative Writing.
- Did you always know you wanted to have kids? Yes, without a doubt.
- What’s the last book you read? Should I read it? I recently read Nefertiti by Michelle Moran. It's a fluffy bit of historical fiction, but I really liked it. Nefertiti was a tough cookie.
- Favorite movie(s) of all time? Oh, wow. Breakfast at Tiffany's; Mary Poppins; North by Northwest; You've Got Mail.
I'm going rogue and opting out of asking more questions and asking people to answer this. Because my Spidey Senses tell me that I'm on the tail end of this flash in the pan.
So, I appreciate you taking the time to skim this moment of utter self-aggrandizement.
Hope your day is full of your favorite things, even if that includes pancakes.