The other day, I had the pleasure of a luxe Sunday brunch with my parents and two dear friends.
They charmed, as they always do, that Jan and Morris.
In fact, my sisters and I have a running list of our friends who would like to be adopted by the Davies, should they suddenly start adopting extra, fully grown children. That's a testament to their unique brand of cute and cool.
This picture was taken that day, and it's too damn cute not to share.
To know Jan is to love her. And to help you know her just a smidge, here are a few things about her that I find notable/fascinating/funny/cool.
1. Though she humors Dad and I in our tastes for fancy food, she would really always prefer a cheeseburger.
2. She lurves her some John Denver.
3. She also lurves her some lavender. It is her favorite color. Big time. (Note: Her blouse in the picture above.)
4. When I was in 7th grade, she had a benign brain tumor the size of a grapefruit adjacent to her occipital lobe (related to vision and short term memory). After 13 hours of open-head brain surgery, she essentially did her own physical therapy by doing daily crossword puzzles and resuming her intricate sewing and embroidery.
5. She never curses. (And wishes I wouldn't, either.)
6. She LOVES Christmas. And boy oh boy, so do I. We decorate, play Christmas carols as early as possible; decorate huge trees -- the whole nine yards.
7. She taught me to embroider. She taught my sisters, too. Admittedly, Cristy is doing the most with this knowledge.
8. At her linguistic peak, she was fluent in Spanish, Portugese, and conversational in French and Italian. She is still fluent in Spanish. It's awesome.
9. She cares not one bit about cars. She doesn't know a Gremlin from a Rolls. My dad and I marvel over it, but it's endearing nonetheless.
10. She does not "do the computer." Therefore, to be fair, I will print this and show it to her.
Hope your day is all fun like a top ten list.