I went to Maryland a few weeks ago. I may have chosen Austin as my forever home, but I'll always be from Maryland.
This means several things.
1. On any given day, I could lapse and pronounce the word "water" as if it's spelled "wooder."
2. I will not eat a crab cake anywhere other than the Delmarva peninsula.
3. I know what I am talking about when I say "Delmarva peninsula."
4. I'm an Orioles fan.
5. When the occasion presents itself, I do enjoy scrapple.
6. I know what I'm talking about when I say "scrapple."
7. I don't think it's weird to call everyone "hon."
I said I would take pictures while I was in Maryland. I didn't, really. But I did take a few pictures as proof of my seafood bender, and also a few flashback snapshots I found while at my parents' house.
|Clockwise from top left: |
I played field hockey, which is also a very Maryland thing to do. I played badly.
Crab cake sammich.
My adorable mom as a bridesmaid in my aunt's wedding. (That's not my dad.)
The best oysters I've ever had. Not even joking.
Hope somebody calls you hon today.