I'm off to DC for the long weekend to help one of my dearest friends in the universe celebrate the impending arrival of her first baby. I am co-hostess, and you know I brought the Pinterest to this party. I'll be back with stories and pictures.
For now, seeing my friend on the verge of this massive life change makes me want to make lists. (Don't judge. You already knew I was Type A.)
Top 10 things you don't get to do once you have a baby
1. Sleep in.
2. Run out of milk.
3. Run "quick errands."
5. Turn your cellphone off.
6. Stroll stylishly.
7. Put off doing the laundry.
8. Have disposable income.
9. Drink to excess.
10. Deal with only the poop that you yourself generate.
Top 10 things you do instead, because you have a baby
1. Get over being squeamish.
2. Get over sleep.
3. Learn to love coffee, if you didn't already.
4. Learn to depend on coffee, if you didn't already.
5. Say, "Yay!" and clap your hands a lot.
6. Start buying absolutely everything you need for life at Target.
7. Feel a new kind of love that you never realized was possible.
8. Feel a new kind of fear that you never realized was possible.
9. Stare at someone while they're sleeping. (Ideally, your baby.)
It's going to be awesome, K and J. Really and truly.
And I meant it about the coffee.